Monday, August 12, 2013

Simscamp!



So...where to start?  A couple of months ago I got a surprising email from EA inviting me to attend the Simscap event in Cologne, Germany.  Germany!  I have never been outside of the US...well, except for Mexico....and I have never needed a passport.  And with this email EA needed my passport info...ASAP.

I freaked.

Turns out it takes several weeks to process a passport.  If you are leaving within 2 weeks, there are passport offices that you can go to and "fast track" your application.  But you have to show proof of travel, such as tickets.  Didn't have that.  Looked like the trip might be a wash...and I was just heartbroken at the thought.  Luckily, it turns out there is a passport office in El Paso that will fast track your application without proof of travel.  So I flew to El Paso for the day.  Just to get my application processed.  Crazy, right?  I was so excited and honored to be included in Simscamp, there was no way I was going to not go.



I am still almost not believing I am going on this huge adventure.  I will be able to get a first look at the Sims 4, watch the EA press conference at Gamescom, find out more about the upcoming "Into the Future" expansion pack, and meet a bunch of simmers from around the world.


So....stay tuned for more.  I promise to post pictures and as many juicy details as EA with authorize me to release.  I won't lie.  I have a thing about flying over an ocean....the thought of that vast amount of water and nothing but water underneath me kind of gives me the willies.  Being stuck in a metal tube for over 14 hours doesn't sound like a bucket of fun either.  But the end result...getting to embark on this incredible, once in a lifetime Sims adventure.  That is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I build lots for people to use in the Sims. I have created hundreds of lots that have been downloaded by people all over the world. My work has been featured on the official Sims 3 site, several Sims 3 fan sites and in Game Informer magazine.
I am a mom...a gamer...a book worm...a worrywart...a fan of architecture, interior design, and all things Grumpy Cat.